Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Okay, I Ruined It All Ready

What you may ask? Well, last Friday (their official first day of summer) as we sat at the car dealership waiting for the oil change to be completed, the kids and I decided that Fridays (if we weren't camping that weekend) were going to be FREE FUN FRIDAYS. We brained stormed and came up with many free activities in and around our town that we wanted to do. Some of the things that made our list: Forest Park-Water Spray Park; Explore a park that we have never been to; Take Marley to an Off Leash Dog Park; Go to Jetty Island; Take a Hike in the Forest to see a waterfall; Bake cookies or brownies; Walk to a local Park (2 miles away); Go to the Beach; Go to the Arboretum; and Take in Cinema Under the Stars at Silver Lake Park.


How have I ruined it? Well for starters--I invited the Sears Repairman to come and do a "check up" on my washing machine on Friday. Of course, they can only give you a time of "between the hours of 8am and 12 noon". "You will get a reminder call on Thurs night, and on Friday they will call you about an hour before they arrive--if you don't answer that call, they will not show up. Needless to say, we will be sticking at home Friday morning. Thank you for choosing Sears Extended Warranty".


Then, the kids' Kindergarten teacher had her first GRANDbaby and I volunteered to do a "newborn shoot" to get some practice and work on my photography portfolio. Well, the only time that is going to work (while baby is under 4 weeks old) is this Friday afternoon. Go figure. I so badly want to do this shoot, it will be a lot of fun. So, I am driving 45 minutes one way with Mrs. O'Donnell to see her precious newborn granddaughter. She is so giddy about this baby. I'll be sure to take some pictures of her with her.


Well, I will leave you with some shots I took this weekend at my greatniece's birthday party.

Flying Sofia and her daddy, Bert.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, sophia's getting so grown up!