Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

So, I'm a little late, but I have much to be thankful for.
A clean house. A houseful of family and friends for Thanksgiving Dinner. Family members that shared the cooking and prep. A chance to use my "prettys". My husband. My children. My Family. My Wisconsin Family. My In-Laws. The fact that I have place settings and seating for twelve. And the list can go on, but I'll spare you.

I made a little project that I got here.

Everyone was given a card to fill out what they are thankful for and I will pair it with a picture of them that I took that day and put it in a little 4 x 6 album.

Miss Peggy and I created place cards for everyone using her artwork that I scanned and then I had her print everyone's names.


The dog even got to have a place card!


The turkey turned out wonderful and all the food was delicious.



Turkey
Stuffing
Turkey Gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Candied Yams
"Debbled" Eggs
Cranberry Relish
Canberry Jello Fruit Cups
Jellied Cranberry Sauce
Fruit Salad
Cremecicle Salad
Home Canned Garlic Pickles
Black Olives
Rolls with Butter

Dessert:
Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream
Peggy Friendly Pumpkin Custard Cake

In all it was a wonderful day with wonderful family and friends. I only wish all our family could be there, but it is way too big now.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and know that I was thinking of all of you on this day.

 

2 comments:

Aby said...

I love your gratitude project! Very cute. :)

Aby

Kelly said...

Dont forget, I had three helpings!!