Sunday, September 7, 2008

We Got A WII!!!!!!



Yep, that's right. We got a Wii today! You'd think it was Christmas in this house. We surprised the kids.
We did some shopping today at Costco and Target and decided to stop at Best Buy to look at TV's as our antiquated tube TV is dying a painful death. When we were leaving Best Buy we saw that they had the Wii and Wii Fit and the kids begged and begged as we kept going out the door to do our shopping.
After Costco, we stopped at Target which shares a parking lot with Best Buy. I straggled behind as we walked to the door and slipped away just as Chris, Kelly and Peggy went in. I hightailed it over to Best Buy and bought it while they had NO clue -they didn't realize that I had left them. Aunt Debbie unknowingly helped us by being there at Target and being a distraction. Debbie tried to reach me on my cell as I was checking out and when I didn't answer, Chris called and caught me just as I was crossing the parking lot. I had him meet me outside of Target and he took the package and hid it in his truck, while I went into Target to meet up with the kids and Aunt Debbie. The kids were still oblivious.
While the kids were unpacking the truck, and doing some chores, we set up the boxes in front of the TV and asked the kids to come down and clean up the DVD's on the floor. Take a look at their faces, pure joy!
This mom and dad have been so....anti Video games mainly because they encouraged sitting in front of a TV every available hour and did not encourage imaginative play, physical activity, reading, nor creativity. Chris and I decided long ago that we would not have a video game console (Nintendo, Game Boys, x-Box, Play Station, or hand held Nintendo DS) in our home. Well, this new interactive gaming bug and the pleading and begging from 2 children constantly broke us down. However, we only have the Wii Sports and Wii Fit right now and will be placing strict limits on games that can be purchased or given as gifts....the only games allowed in this house will be ones that make you get your butt off the couch and "work the body" a bit. Mario Kart Racing does not fit this category. Got it, good!
I also had alterior motives for getting the Wii and Wii Fit. I want to use the Wii Fit in helping me get this old body into shape and into some new clothes in sizes I haven't seen in many years. Okay, I have now just told the Internet world and those friends and families that read this blog that I am going to "get fit" if it kills me in the process. Keep watching...I am going to try to compete (okay, not "compete" but coordinate my efforts) with "The Biggest Loser". I am cheating a little bit because I want to get started as soon as we get the Wii Fit, set up. It looks like a lot of fun.
PS, I scored better on my first game of Wii Golf, than Chris. I scored a 16 and he scored a 23 on a 3 hole Par 12 course. Whooo Hoooo.
"Wii" are with the times now.



No comments: